1998 Camry : rear brake vibration

I have a vibration from the rear brakes when applying moderate pressure to the brake pedal. The same vibration is felt when pulling hard on the hand brake. I pulled the rear drums and the pads and drums looked to be in pretty good shape. I've heard there was a problem with bad drums, but in the Gen 3 Camrys. Is this also a problem with Gen

4's ?
Reply to
Jay
02-06 front brake rotors have gone bad and were replaced for free under a Toyota TSB. But how many miles have you got on those drums? I've got Raymold rotors up front for ~$20 each to replace warped Toyota rotors. But one Toyota caliper seized up on these. Working out great with Akebono ceramics.

Bad drums? IMO, those NBK brake pads/shoes are junk. They glaze and fade too easily. That's why I use Akebono ProAct ceramics like all Lexus models use.

Reply to
johngdole

== If the problem is glazed shoes or drums they're easily cleaned with fine emery cloth and an even circular motion by hand on drums and shoes. I think due to the character of the Camry, brakes can glaze from repeated mild application. Occasionally, the brakes should be applied more forcefully.

Reply to
Daniel