2000 Toyota Camry LE Problem (Gas Tank or Sensor Problem?)

Hello,

I am hoping someone in this newsgroup can offer some ideas to help figure out a problem that persists with my 2000 Camry LE, which has the V-6 engine.

Whenever I try to fill up the gas, the pump automatically cuts off, as if the tank is full.

This problem even persists when the tank is completely empty.

I have been to one auto repair shop, and they recommended I replace the gas cap.

I did that, but to no avail. Hence, I have the following questions:

  1. Could there be a blocked line or vent hose to the gas tank, for example, that is sending a false signal to the gas pump, regarding regarding its level of fullness or air pressure?
  2. Is there some type of electrical valve or switch that may need to be replaced? (If so, please specify the name of part.)

Thanks in advance, for any help that fellow Camry owners or Toyota Technicians may be able to offer in helping to solve this nuisance of a problem.

Kind regards,

Glen E. Sarkis

Reply to
strum4u