toyota camry auto gas problem

i have a problem with the auto gas in my toyota camry. the engine ceased so i have put a replacement engine in, and it goes beautifully on petrol 3 litre but if i switch it to gas the engine stops as if the gas isnt going through. it was perfectly fine in the old engine so i am baffled the gas conversion has hardly been used as the engine blew when the gas was almost brand new any ideas please

Reply to
megankatie

air in the lines maybe?

Reply to
ed

bad diaphram

Reply to
tudysmuck

re my gas problem the car is now running on gas, thanks for your help folks but on idling the revs are vey lumpy only at about 500 and on petrol its around 1100 which is okay but on the gas it loses power as well going up hills any ideas could the cat be a problem or something else

Reply to
megankatie