2002 toyota camry /spark plugs

Help-I have a 2002 toyota camry and I recently changed the spark plugs with Iridium plugs and now the engine dies at idle. The vehicle has

90k miles and ran great before the change and I thought i would just to do some preventitive maintenance. 4cylinder
Reply to
loredos

Does the car run rough? Did you go back and check your work? Is it possible you knocked off a vacuum hose? Does the car run OK except at idle? Is the check engine light on? Any change you cracked a plug when installing them?

My personal opinion is that you should stay with the plugs Toyota recommends for your car and not use "performance" plugs.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I will guess they take more power to fire and your coil, battery, plug wires or cap are old and dont supply the voltage. It could be a weak battery, corosion on terminals, rotor or cap is old and worn. Id say go back to original plugs, but a weak battery and coroded connections might do it.

Reply to
ransley

What brand of plugs did you use, and part number?

The 2002 should have come with the equivalent of NGK's Laser Iridium. Actually the OEM Denso is SK20R11 (90919-01210?). No? These iridiums have a platinum ground pad for extended service life.

No problems here with NGK iridiums, which I use exclusively on all cars that can use them. IMO even the NGK platinums are better quality than the Denso stuff.

BTW both NGK and Denso are spec'ed by Toyota and as long as you use the catalog to pick the part you souldn't go wrong.

Reply to
johngdole

As others said, check the work again. Hope the cords didn't break inside and all the vacuum hoses are connected, etc etc. Even if the plug didn't fire the engine should at least run rough I think.

Reply to
johngdole

ransley you truly are an idiot, why don't you STFU.

Iridium plugs are the factory plugs in a 2002 4cyl Camry. There are no ignition (hi voltage) wires, no distributor, no cap.

You didn't know this, and your suggestions are just like all your posts. HORSE SHIT

Slim

Reply to
Slim Pickings