2003 SE V6 Transmission Jerky

I have an 03 Camry SE V6 with automatic transmission. The transmission really seems to jerk when shifting from Park to Reverse, Reverse to Park or Drive to Park.

Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone tell me what causes this and if there is a fix or not?

Thanks.

Reply to
Analog Guy

Butherus'

I just change the transmission fluid every 25,000 miles and find that helps smooth things out. Make sure you use the Toyota Tech-IV fluid.

Reply to
Car Guy

How high are your Rpms. Change fluid and filter use the right fluid.

Reply to
m Ransley

I have an 03 Camery V6 Auto and my box revs are very high when i first start the car they sit around 1000k rpm and my gear box does not clunch or is not jerky -

Reply to
Michael

well I am pretty easy on the gas and the RPM sits at 3000 on the highways. It is a Camry and V6.. not a porsche LOL

Reply to
Car Guy

If the idle (gas off accelerator) is high (1000/1200 or higher) then it will jerk. Have idle set to 600 or 750 (check the book for proper setting on the V6).

Reply to
Wolfgang