2004 Camry LE 4 cyl 5 spd - 27.5mpg

Hi thanks for reading,

In mixed driving, 75 mph on highway and South Florida traffic jams. I had hoped for 29-30 mpg. My friend says he gets 35 mpg with a 1999 Solara 4 cyl with automatic on the highway, so I hope to do as well if not better. So my first tank 462 miles on 16.77 gallons 27.55 mpg.

What's your experience? Thanks, Ben

Reply to
ben

You need to get 6000 miles on the engine before the tight tollerances wear a little. Read the manual - it says to avoid high RPMs and prolonged driving at any one speed. A Solara also has a better Coefficient of friction and weight a little less.

cyl

my

Reply to
Wolfgang