2004 Camry seats - not a happy camper - what to do?

I LOVE my new Camry, but the front seats just don't get it. On anything past 15 miles, they begin to feel like I'm sitting on a big watermellon, with the high point about 4 inches above the back of my knee. They are electrically adjustable seats, and I've adjusted them every which way from Sunday, with no joy. I'll admit that I also have a 2002 Avalon, and love those seats. But, that's not the reason I dislike the Camry seats. Yes, they are different cars, and the Avalon SHOULD have great seats. But, the fact that they are both Toyotas and on similar frames just says that Toyota knows how to make them comfortable if they wanted. I am a pretty normal 5'9" male, and my wife (same height) says the same thing. My son also bought a 2004 Camry in another state, and has the same complaint.

Bottom line - is there ANYTHING I can do to to my Camry seats to mitigate their uncomfortable design? I'd even replace them if I could find better seats. The car is great otherwise, and I want to keep if "forever", but not if I have to continually think about the seats when I drive it for more than 15 miles. I would even buy Avalon seats, but they have different mounting points for some dumb reason - they are almost the same size, so I don't see why Toyota had to do that, other than Marketing.

Any ideas? I am truly a TOYOTA fan, so don't get me wrong here. I have had 8 or so over the years, and will continue to buy them - but will do a better job testing the seating comfort next time...

Thanks, Steve Henderson

Reply to
Steve Henderson

How about putting in shims to raise the back seat bolts higher. That should ease off pressure on front of legs.

Reply to
Art

Thanks for the suggestion, Art. I'll look into that.

Reply to
Steve Henderson