2004 shock problem

Whenever I get out of my '04 Camry I get a shock when my fingers touch the outside of the door. It's gotten to the point that I close the door with the side of my hand because it's not as annoying. Is this common with this vehicle?

Reply to
JTJersey

johngdole

Static shocks are common in dry air as in winter, that is how fires start at gas stations when you are filling up.

Reply to
m Ransley

I've found this problem in my '96 Camry depends on humidity levels and what type of shirt you're wearing. Synthetic blends seem to make it worse. During winter there is no static problem.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

It maybe because of your seats cover. Or the type of clothes you are putting on, (i.e. if you put on wool traouser you will face the same problem) also shoes made with some materials in thier sole. specially chainees made. just check these points and you will find one of them is the reason.

Reply to
Nubian

It might help to get a grounding strap for your car. It screws into (for example) the bottom of the trunk and drags on the ground, dissipating excess charge.

Reply to
Nobody Important

Throw out chain before you get out.

Reply to
m Ransley

Have you changed tires recently? Some tire brands seem to insulate (and store static in the car) better than others.

JustDave

Reply to
JustDave

Anchor on the end? ;-]

Reply to
Geoff

It is called static

static from the rubbing of your clothing when you are driving will cause this

skewe

Especially the clothing in your crotch area. You shouldn't be whacking off while driving.

Reply to
Sharx35

Now *there's* a comment you don't see very often coming from a guy in his late 50's.

;)

Reply to
onehappymadman