2005 Camry - Rough Shifting

Just purchased my first Toyota. Seems like my Camry shifts a bit rougher than other vehicles I've owned. Also, when I get around 30 - 40 mph, it can't make up its mind which gear it wants. I'm taking it in for the 1000 mile check-up and wondering if this is something that can be adjusted. Any thoughts?

Reply to
smkcamry

Try locking out OD below 45 mph.

--

  -Philip
Reply to

Could be someone drove it harder than you're accustomed to. The transmission intelligently adjusts to driving style. Heard this complaint once before after someone receiving the car back from his teenage son. If you do a lot of hard acceleration, the transmission will respond with firmer shifts, and conversely, with more gentle driving over time, you'll get smoother shifts. I've got the older "non-intelligent" shifting, so if I want a more agressive pattern I push a button, release the button and it immediately goes away, rather than the newer continuous adjustment. Could be something else with yours, but this is possible.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus