2006 camry disable car seat belt alarm?

Hi. How do I disable car seat belt alarm on my 2006 camry LE Thanks alot

As a number of readers of alt.autos.toyota have already told you, if you don't silence the alarm by actually buckling the seat belts when you drive, you're in grave danger of being 'disabled' yourself. Don't do it. Buckle up and the alarm goes off....simple enough for you?

Reply to
mack

Because "mack" could, he/she/it opin'd:

That wasn't the question. The question was about an irritation that's easily dealt with. No where did the OP say ANYTHING about driving in traffic without the seatbelt buckled.

Now, here's the answer again:

Turn the key to the 'on' position. Using the trip meter button, toggle the LCD until 'ODO' is displayed.

Turn the key off. Turn the key back to the 'on' position. Within six seconds of doing so, press and hold the trip meter button for ten seconds. After ten seconds, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.

The buzzer by default is set to on. Once you've held the trip meter button for ten seconds and then buckled the driver's side seatbelt, the LCD will then display 'b-OFF', telling you that the buzzer is now turned off. You can now let go of the trip meter button. If pressed again in this mode, you will set the buzzer back to on ('b-ON').

*NOTE* If the battery or combination meter is disconnected, you will have to follow the procedure again.

At least, that worked for my '05 Camry. Now I don't have that ^%$#ing irritation the whole time when I back out of the garage, turn around, go out to the mailbox, drop off the mail and then BUCKLE UP before I go into traffic when the seat belt might be needed.[*]

Oh yeah, it doesn't *eliminate* the dinging; it merely reduces it to a reasonable reminder:

[*] Note to those who have answered the OP: I KNOW when I should have my seat belt fastened; I have a BRAIN and I USE it!

-Don (this subject really brings out the IDIOCY in some people)

Reply to
Don Fearn