2007 Stalling from reverse to Drive

I just had my '07 XLE V6 stall on my twice tonight when shifting from reverse to drive while rolling no more than 2-3 mph backwards. I've had it for a month -

900 miles on the odo. I didn't step on the gas while shifting - it just stalled. Any similar reports?
Reply to
Mike Parker
07 have a few defects, have fun...
Reply to
m Ransley

reverse to drive while rolling no more than 2-3 mph backwards. I've had it for a month - 900 miles on the odo. I didn't step on the gas while shifting - it just stalled. Any similar reports?

Take it back under warranty. That shouldn't be happening by a long shot. Does the engine RPM gauge in the instrument panel (dashboard) rise in revs when you select airconditioning to ON? If it doesn;t, there's something wrong with the idle control, either at the throttle-body or the management computer,..tho the latter is less likely.

If the revs are rising slightly on AC>ON, then the transmission may not be talking to the engine computer. Loose or parted wiring somewhere,..let them fix it.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

bad gas can cause this but I would take it to the dealer for a look at.

Reply to
BigJim

My '95 doesn't do that!

m Ransley wrote:

Reply to
Stubby

to drive while rolling no more than 2-3 mph backwards. I've had it for a month -

900 miles on the odo. I didn't step on the gas while shifting - it just stalled. Any similar reports? ================================ This is a fine way to destroy your transmission. If I understood you correctly, the car was moving backwards when you shifted from Reverse to Drive. Best to be thankful the engine stalled. You are placing stresses on the internal parts that they are not designed to withstand. Always, always, come to a complete dead stop when shifting direction with an automatic transmission. Now if you're rolling forward in Neutral and shift into Drive, that's different. Or if you're rolling backward in Neutral and shift into Reverse, that's different. But if you're rolling backward in Reverse and shift into Drive be thankful you don't feel a lurch and hear very expensive crunching sounds.
Reply to
Daniel