4 Wheel Alignments - When and who does it best?

Hi,

I have a 2002 Camry LE V6 with about 43,000 KM (approx. 27,000 miles) and just switched over to my Nokian Hakka 1 winter for the year. I was thinking about getting a 4 wheel alignment on the car has a precaution. I don't find my Camry pulling and all the tires that came off the car are evenly worn.

The place I get my wheel balancing done, uses a Hunter Balancing machine and also has a Laser Alignment machine which looks like a Hunter model.

I wanted to find out if this is ideal for my car and should be done?

Thanks

Reply to
Car Guy

"Car Guy" , being of unsound mind, did utter in news:kFkob.5672$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Their equipment sounds like top of the line. If you don't mind spending the money, it's cheap insurance to make sure you get maximum life from your expensive tires.

Reply to
Tegger®

Many on this list are more expert than I, but here's my simple understanding of alignment. Caster and camber have limited adjustment on the Camry's strut suspesnsion system. This is not like the old double A arms, where they add or remove shims. The settings are primarily established by the struts themselves that form the upper pivot point, so if the struts are not damaged or excessively worn, the primary adjustment in an alignment is toe in. If you're going to have an alignment done, it should be the computer assisted four wheel type. For my purposes, if the suspension is in good condition and the tires wearing evenly, I would suspect the alignment to be satisfactory.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Daniel M. Dreifus being of bellicose mind posted:

Toe is adjustable at both ends of Camry, hence the need for a "four wheel alignment."

Reply to
Philip ®