87 Camry - Radio Volume too low

I have the original stereo, radio (am/fm) does work, but the volume is too low. I have the volume dial all the way to the highest possible, but it does not get better.

How it happened ? I was trying iPod cassette adapter, which was working well. Mistakenly, to reduce the volume, I lowered it through iPod volume control (rather than using the stereo's volume dial knob). This worked fine. Later, after visiting a store when I got back in the car, while inserting the cassette back, it got stuck inside and I was not able to eject it out (using the scan/stop button). The volume went low and stayed low. I am not sure if this would have damaged the volume control. I somehow pried the cassette out (and must have broken the cassette player hinges)

Now, I don't care about the cassette player or playing iPod in the car .. what I do badly want is to fix the radio volume control. Any ideas on fixing the volume control ?

(other option seems to be getting a new radio -- which would cost me around $150 for a decent stereo)

Thanks very much in advance.

Reply to
techtrainer