Polo airbag warning light after changing brake pads, and brake sensor cable problems

I've just had all four brake pads changed on my Polo ('03 model). Only oddities during the change were:

  1. front nearside brake sensor cable had no where to be plugged in to due to a previous "taping up" of the connector (odd!).
  2. brake warning light now comes on, most liekly due to inability to connect front nearside brake sensor (unless someone thinks otherwise).
  3. looked at fuse box to see if there was a possibility of removing a fuse to temporarily disable the brake wear warning light on the dash, but nothing was changed.

Now, after the change, the airbag warning light on the dashboard lights and remains lit.

Is it at all possible that the brake change and the airbag light are connected in any way? Is it possible that something else was done to produce the warning light (if so, what?!)?

Also, I now need to source a cable/plug for the front nearside that the brake pade sensor can be plugged in to, and then connect to where ever. Any hints on this one, since I can't find any information anywhere!

Thanks in advance RDD.

Reply to
Red Dave

Phillip Mcracken