89 Camry Parking Lights

My 89 Camry front side lights do not work (these are outboard of the headlights). The head lights work fine. I think these also function as turn signal lights. The regular turn signal lights below the bumper work just fine. I have replaced both the bulbs, still no good. The fuses all check fine. What puzzles me is that both sides do not work. Any suggestions are welcome.

Reply to
Vijay Kumar

They are not signal lights(only under bumper)...

Reply to
DSPL

Yes but what lights are they? They are supposed to work right? What could be wrong?

Reply to
Vijay Kumar

These are called 'parking lights' and come on when the light switch is set to either the 'parking' or 'headlight on' positions.

My shop manual did not show a wiring diagram for them - I took a look at my '89 and see teh socket comes off a wiring harness to each side.

Check for voltage at the socket -and for a good ground. I believe the power wire is green and the ground/negative wire is white with a black stripe.

Lets hope you don't have a break somewhere down the wiring harness...