89 camry timing belt/chain

Does anyone have any advice for a noisy timing belt/chain for an 89 camry 3S-FE engine? it makes a steady sort of a rattling sound constantly, I don't know if this is normal or what.

Also, the power steering belt I'm sure needs to be replaced soon, but I don't know how to go about replacing it.

Any advice would be welcome!

Thanks! Jason

Reply to
Jason

Rattling sound is not normal. Possibly idler pulleys. Power steering belt is simpler than the timing belt. Probably just need to find a good mechanic to do all the work. Best idea is to replace all seals, bearings, belts, and water pump.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus