Timing Belt/Timing Chain

Hi,

I'm picking up my new motor next week and its got a timing chain instead of a timing belt.

I've read that these can sound different when driving compared to a belt setup.

Should I hear any different sounds.

It's a 2.2 Astra Coupe BTW if that makes any difference.

LL

Reply to
LiviLion

Probably not as most other things on the engine will make more noise.

You might get a slight clatter at a cold start until the hydraulic tensioner starts to operate, but this is normal and nothing to worry about.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)