89 Camry Wheel Noise

I have an '89 Camry Sedan, 4cyl, manual tran, with about 207,000 miles on it (engine still purrs quite nicely).

I noticed yesterday that the front driver-side wheel makes a rattling noise, particularly when I'm bearing right at any speed. It sounds almost hydraulic, like it may be a steering problem, but I'm not sure.

Is this potentially serious and, if so, what kind of repairs am I looking at here?

Thanks! Jason

Please reply to the group.

Reply to
Jason

I'm told that my problem may be CV joints...

Any idea how much these cost and if I can replace them myself?

Thanks (again), Jason

Reply to
Jason

The usual way is to exchange the whole drive-shaft for one which has reconditioned CVs. Costs about $100-$150.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

at that mileage have the wheel bearing changed on that side .

Reply to
ROBMURR