91 camry starter solenoid?

My daughter's car won't start. Has plenty of battery, but can't get the starter to engage. Is there a way to bypass the solenoid? I can't even locate it!

Reply to
mcyr

Alex Marcuzzi

Reply to
Alex Marcuzzi

Hey, thanks!, if you get this reply. After I read your reply, and checked out the sight you referred me to, I thought more about it, and replaced another ground cable, (there were 3), and it solve the problem, for now at least.

Thanks again

Reply to
mcyr

My car did the same thing and i found that the problem was a bad connection to the battery, not enough metal was contacting the battery terminals, so the starter couldn't draw enough amperage to turn the engine over. Toyota put the cheapest battery clamps on that car, and they continually get loose. I just bought some new beefier ones and crimped them on and i haven't had a problem since.

Reply to
jack_of_all_trades