91 cool down fans

When I shut off my car the dual fans don't turn off - plenty of anti freeze - and the car IS NOT over heating could this be a sensor or maybe a relay?? How do I fix this problem w/o having to take it in??? To save my battery I have to disconnect it when I reach my destination and then hook back up when I am ready to leave - real pain especially in bad /wet weather... Tiny

Reply to
Tiny

Should be a temperature sensor in the lower radiator tank. Suspect failure mode (fail safe) is constant on - or unplug and reconnect - could be faulty electrical contact at the connector.

Reply to
nospampls2002

Even in summer my fans rarely run and never in winter.

Reply to
m Ransley

That speaks only to the probability that you live in a temperate climate. Try coming out here to Palm Springs-Indio (CA) from early June through late September when ambients are 100-112 degrees and you have to run the A/C all the time. The fans will be running for those months nearly non stop.

--

  - Philip
Reply to

Also check for a stuck/bad relay in the fan circuit.

Reply to
jjjsan