91 toyota camry

I purchased a camry today thinking the car was in good shape. Well I am dumb and the check engine light is on. The car seemed to be in decent running shape. Anyone know if there is a ghetto way to pull engine codes. Like on my other car I just connect a paper clip between two pin in the diagnostic box.

Reply to
lazzyie

Do a Google search on this newsgroup. You'll find a lot of comprehensive posts detailing how it is done.

If you don't know how- pull-up

in your Internet Explorer address bar,..then click on 'groups' then 'advanced groups search'. Enter this newsgroup into the 'groups' field-box making sure you put in the fullstops after each word ie alt.autos.toyota.camry ...then put in 'engine check light' into the 'phrase' field. You should see a lot of posts on the subject. You can tighten the results by adding 91 to the 'words' field,......

Jason

Reply to
Jason James