92 Camry heater

I purchased a '92 Camry V6 today. Has 289,000 km but what a nice ride! It is very very cold today in easter Canada and I'm finding the interior isn't heating up as it does with previous cars I've owned. It is warming up, but definitely not getting very warm inside the car. Is this common for Camrys. If not, does anyone have any suggestions on what may be the problem?

Reply to
greg

It

isn't

but

Camrys.

Check the thermostat.

Reply to
Mark A

It

isn't

but

Camrys.

Reply to
wayne

It

isn't

but

Camrys.

While minus zero temps are a tax on a water-heater,..there should be a reasonable amount of warm air available. If the engine radiator is too hot to touch (top of radiator) then the heater should be OK as long as the car has not been abused in the coolant-maintenance area.

Try touching the two hoses that go into the cabin via the firewall, If they are both cool or only warm, then there is a restriction in the control tap. If they are both hot,..its possible the heater radiator is not transferring heat, which maybe due to crud blocking its cores or there is little air flowing thru it.

On high fan, you should get a hot input hose and a much cooler return hose. If you get this but little cabin heat, then perhaps cold air is getting into the mix via faulty air-flaps.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

The last several non Toy thermostats ive used were junk, the thermostats were ok but the gaskets were to narrow alowing water to bypass. I recently put in a toy thermostat and warmup time is cut inhalf although old unit worked fine not opening till 190. Cooling system or hoses could be partialy plugged and there is a heater control valve to look at also.

Reply to
m Ransley

It

isn't

but

Camrys.

If it hasn't been flushed, have it flushed. And although the mecahnic should

*know* to do this, make sure the temp for the heater is set to HOT, otherwise it will bypass the heater core.
Reply to
Hachiroku

It

isn't