93 Camry pulling to right on acceleration

I just bought a 93 Camry with 139,000 miles. It runs great, but pulls slightly to the right when accelerating. I had the front end alligned. It does not pull at all when braking or coasting -- only when accelerating. Any ideas?

Reply to
The Baxleys

Yes, normal, assuming the lower control arm bushings are OK

Reply to
MDT Tech®

You might look into engine mounts sacked out.

Reply to
Philip®

A certain amount is normal on front wheel drive cars --- called torque steering. Was your previous car front wheel drive - probably not!

Reply to
Wolfgang

I have another 93 Camry just about like this one. It does not pull to the right.

Reply to
The Baxleys

Mine, a '96 manual, pulls to the left under heavy accel. In some FWD cars they attempt to equalise the tendency to torque-steer by fitting a thicker axle for the driver's side, the idea being to negate any excessive twisting this longer axle will suffer. As one axle 'winds-up' more compared to the other, the car will move to the opposite side,....that's how I understood it anyway.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James