Hood Release Cable not working on 93 Camry

About every three months I need to add about a quart of oil to this 93 Camry V6 with 245,000+ miles car. It is my commuter car and it runs just fine. But this is a real issue. Without oil the engine will stop working.

The release latch inside the car pulls, but the hood doesn't release. I attempted to pull a bit harder on the cable with a pair of pliers, but still the hood release doesn't activate. I would like to remove the grill and pull the cable from the front end, but the grill seems to be removable, only when the hood is released.

Question: Does anyone have suggestions how I can get the hood opened on my

93 Camry V6 so that I can add oil?

Thanks

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Celica

Sometimes having someone push down on the hood while you pull the release will do the trick.

Reply to
NickySantoro

Wont the hood pull up when lever-pin is pulled, is it stuck to the rubber bumper, is it frozen. Pull lever and get fingers to pry up hood, put grease on bumpers. Or maybe they are set to high so pushing down is necessary to release Pin, someone inside someone outside. I reset my bumper and used grease on bumper. Does lever release, or is it froze

Reply to
m Ransley

I'll give these ideas a try after work today. Hopefully the team approach will do the trick. If that doesn't work, I might be able to open the latch by using a screwdriver to persuade the latch to open. thanks for the ideas--

Reply to
Tom Celica