93 inside door panel

How would I remove the inside driver's and passenger's door panel at least enough to see in and to apply grease to the rods from the lock to the door latch.

Reply to
Marc

Remove all the screws and clips on the door panel, and it will lift up and away from the door.

Reply to
qslim

The screws and clips are easy --- its the door opening handle that is tricky! Been awhile since I did mine (same year replaced speakers and a broken power window regulator). Recall having to really pry on the door opener to get it to pop out . Try:

Wolfgang

Lifting the panel was key here. Didn't think of that.

The reason I'm doing this is to lubricate the door latch/linkage which is freezing up now that cold weather is here. I think this is happening because for some reason water had been collecting inside the door when it rained and then would come rushing out when I opened the door later. There must be a drain(s) there that I don't see.

I can't get my finger into the metal edge of the door to apply some lithium grease that I have to the inside of the latch. I don't feel competent to remove anything further. I think I recall that WD40 will eventually loose it's effectiveness. A policeman friend recommended spraying "Break Free-CLP" which is used by the military and gun owners. Any experience with this stuff or anything better to spray in?

Marc

and

Reply to
Marc