94 Camry question

My mother-in-law's 1994 Camry is parked in our driveway and I just need to move it back some so we can fit our other two cars. But the battery is and has been dead and I can't get the steering wheel unlocked or the car out of park. Has this anything to do with the dead battery? We'll be getting rid of the car so I'm not going for a new battery or even a service call for a jump start. I just want to unlock the steering wheel and get it into reverse so I can roll it back. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reply to
rfdjr1

No its not the battery the car is settled in a position, try turning the wheel while unlocking it may be hard. Getting out of park may need someone bumping the car back and forth.

Reply to
ransley