95 Camry Hood & Rear gas strut installation

I'm having some trouble installing this gas strut that I got off of Ebay into my 95 camry wagon. How do I get the Rod End of the strut (the side
that connects to the car, not the hood) off of the bracket? Do i really have to drill it out to put the other one on? Or is there some kind of clip i'm missing?
Smowk
Maybe the eBay product is trying to be a one-size fits all..... His auction does mention: "On some year Camry's you will need to drill the rivet on the factory support in order to re-use the factory bracket." No directions with the units? Maybe you local parts store can help you. Good luck. Bob

Ebay
side
really
of
On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 13:36:00 -0600, Smowk wrote:

Most of the ones I have seen either unscrew using an 8mm wrench, or have a clip you pull to release it. Don't see either one of these?

you can take the bracket off. but new struts don't come with a new bracket. you have to drill the old strut out to use the old bracket.
weird, i was looking for an easier way...or a place to buy the bracket...but oh well...to the drill press it is
Smowk