96 camry LE V4 PROBLEMS

Hello,

I got following problems with the camry

  1. The right hand side head light is brighter than the left one, any body knows why?

  1. The guy who sold me the car told me that he fixed the muffler and the the muffler was not correctly fit with the engine thats why I am getting engine light. The engine ( yellowish) light is ON all the time. any advice

  2. The break light goes ON and OFF all the time. Any advice.

  1. Does engine light comes on if the engine needs timing belt?

  2. Does engine light comes on if oil pump seal is broken?

Please advice!

Thanks John

Reply to
john

== My guess, someone replaced only one side. Try changing both bulbs.

== Read the code and forget what he told you. I don't believe the muffler will activate a code.

== Check the wiring harness at the left trunk hinge. They flex every time the trunk opens and some of the smaller wires are prone to breakage. Slice open the outer covering and carefully solder in new wires.

== No. The belt can break without warning and is to be replaced based on mileage. The factory belts come with a sticker to write in mileage when last changed. Yours is due every 60,000 miles.>

== No. Oil leakage does not activate the light.

== Here's a link to the factory service manual:

Daniel

manual:

maybe 2 different bulbs

Reply to
ransley

Autozone or your other local parts stores usually have OBD-II readers on hand to help owners like you pull the codes. It's a free service. So post the code(s) here.

Reply to
johngdole