96 Camry Strut ???

Hi All, I have a 96 Camry when I hit bumps in the road I can hear a clunk on passanger side front and rear wheel, like a broken strut.. However when I inspect them, neither seem to be loose or broken... It sounds kinda like a loose shock would sound... Is there a way by jacking the vehicle a certain way that I can diagnose this problem for sure? Has anyone replaced both sets of struts yet on this car? If so, how much was the hit?

thanks, Bananas

Reply to
john-bananas

check sway bar bushings

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Okay will do, see what happens. Thanks

Reply to
john-bananas

I just replaced the struts and passenger side strut mount on a 98 Camry (106K miles). It cost about $550 (oil change, too), but it sounds (no more clunking noise) and drives like a new car.

Reply to
TDfromMI