1990 camry Struts?

I have a 1990 Camry LE 4cyl and i hear a "clonking" noise in the back when I hit bumps. I assume I need to replace the struts. What else could it be? It sounds like an old taxi! Thanks

Reply to
Dominique Saint-Pierre Larose

I don't know if the back have em, but in the front I once had a sway bushing go out. It sounded horrible! Random clunking noise like something was going back and forth and hitting something.

Reply to
kiselink

Could be exhaust. But if it is struts I just replaced mine at Pepboys for

Reply to
shields

I had that problem a simple 15$ bushing was the cause, But at 15 yrs replace struts as well.

Reply to
m Ransley
400? Holly $hit. Including labor? I know it's not the exhaust. Thanks
Reply to
Dominique Saint-Pierre Larose

Change the rear stabilizer bar bushings first. Then decide if you need or want to do anything further. If you do the work yourself (four bolts - fairly simple), should run around $20. Recommended: Add silicone grease to extend life and minimize squeaking. Silicone grease is also sold in small tubes as "dielectric grease", around $3.

Reply to
Daniel