windshield wipers

recently my intermintent and the regular wiper modes have been failing. The regular mode of the wipers work but when one turns them off, they keep on running even when you turn the engine off. After some minutes they will stop working. whats wrong?

Reply to
BillS

Very likely the "Park Switch" has failed. It is inside the wiper motor. The fix is to replace the wiper motor. The re-built part costs about $90.

Reply to
Bill D

Make, model, year.

Bill Putney
1997 T&C Lxi; 125K

I have similar problem. My wipers sometimes don't stop; sometimes don't return to the resting position when they are turned off (they stop right where they are); and intermittment has become odd, with no regular pattern of seconds between wipes but rather something like 3 wipes followed by a number of seconds before 3 more. Might this be the wiper motor? If so, is this located inside the steering column?

Since I can't do auto work myself, who would put in a rebuilt part for me, an independent mechanic? Can they order such parts or do I have to take it to him? What might labor be on a job such as this?

--Richard

Reply to
Richard Huggins

Richard,

Did you solve your problem? My 1997 Concord is doing the same thing.

Reply to
stberman