97 Toyota Camary with 180K Miles

My car's engine vibrate at low engine RPM. The vibration stops when engine rpm reaches above 1600 rpm. The engine vibrates even when car is parked and when I drive it, it drives fine at speeds higher than 40 mph but when I apply brake or try coming to stop it seems like it just want to stop. I thought it was the fuel filter but after reading more it seems like fuel filters generally last forever. Is anyone aware of similar problem and what might be the cause of it? Please help, Thanks.

Reply to
Anis Ali

When is your last tune up, does high octane make it run better if so then a tune up will help. When my old toy ran rough , about every 2 years, id replace plugs and check everything out, a 4 cil will miss if anything is out of spec.

Reply to
ransley

Reply to
john

Funny you mention the IAC. Those have issues. Ususally the car won't start unless you flood it and you don't get a fast(cold idle). those are clear signs of a bad IAC. don't know if that applies her but couldn't hurt. I got 265k out of my 2 dr '96 camry coupe, but @ 45k I had some real problems w/ the IAC/throttle body. Luckily I hadthe extended warranty it took 6 months and thousand to fix..long story..not worth it.. :)

Reply to
steve-o