98 Camry Radio Problem

Recently, the radio in my 98 Camry has been loosing its preset stations. Whenever I try to start the car and it fails, I turn the key on again and the radio turns off and when I turn it back on, all the presets are back to the factory supplied sets. This doesn't happen everytime I start the car but, I am having this issue with increasing frequency. Any ideas?

Reply to
GaryD

I try to start the car and it fails ~~~~~~~~~~ ??????????? Have never, not once, had the car fail to start promptly (apart from idle control valve issues) Sounds like you need to resolve the "fail to start" problem first.

Reply to
Daniel

Sound like real dirty battery connector/cables or start of open circuit in the battery (if original its time to replace it anyhow!)

Reply to
Wolfgang

Makes sense. The loss of radio presets indicates loss of electrical power - like when the battery is removed.

Reply to
Daniel

A new battery fixed the problem.

Reply to