99 Camry Stalls

Hi Ppl, I have a 99 camry LE which has 90,000 miles on it. It runs great except once in a while it stalls. it stalled once when i was in a stop light and another time when i was making a right turn. but the car starts back immediately and drives very smoothly. I am not sure what the problem is. I took it to a auto shop and did a computer diagnostic but then that didnt show up any problem and the car mechanic gave me an invoice for $250 telling me i have to change my plugs, clean my throttle plate and fuel injectors. Basically even the guys in the auto shop didnt know what the problem was exactly! I am not sure what to do! I already checked the air filter and thats clean!! this doesnt happen very frequently...just abt 2-3 times in 1000 miles!! can somebody help me? Thanks, Venky

Reply to
vego007

i'm no mechanic, but i'd try a tune up and after that add some fuel injector cleaner to a fresh load of gas. i have a '99LE also w/ about 140k on it and have never had a single problem. the car had it's first tune up at about

115k and a fresh timing belt and water pump installed around the same time. one thing i have learned over the years(w/ all my cars) is to try not to run the fuel level below a 1/4 tank very often.

mike.....

Reply to
JerseyMike

Thanks Mike, I will try that. Venky