advice on strut replacement

With 2 teen age daughters I do as many repairs myself as I can $$$$$$ I plan on replacing struts and shocks this weekend on an 88 Plymouth sundance (I know this is toyota but better/quicker answers here. this is my only none toyota car).

I'm looking for any advice / suggestions / warnings. fist time doing struts.

Looks pretty straight forward in the manual.

I have good spring compressors. Am I correct that I'll need an alignment afterwards?

Also looking for advice on where to place the jackstands under the car? I have a manual but it doesnt tell you where to put the jack stands. I havent been able to find this info anywhere??? I dont want to damage anything.

TIA

Steve

Reply to
Pop

Put the jackstands under the frame to let the wheels hang. Loosen the upper nut before you compress the spring. You will need an alignment.

Reply to
D F Bonnett