Alignment after each tire roation ???

Dear All Camry 97 with 95K on At 87K I put on new Yokohama tires. On 92 K dealer advices replace front upper struts and alignment was done. Now I rotated tires first time after they were installed. I got vibration on the steering wheel on speed over 60 m/h and some other things which allows me to think alignment off on the front. Is it common thing? Now after each rotation I should go to station to make alignment

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Vitali

Repositioning wheels/tires on the car does not affect alignment settings. Tire carcasses do take a "set" on the front of an FWD car because of the driving and braking stresses that the rears are barely subjected to by comparison.

Also, if the rear tires were initially spin balanced on the car, any imbalance in the drums/rotors will have be factored is which ... when moved to the front position will make that balance inappropriate.

Personally... with FWD, I don't do tire rotations any more. The rears scarcely wear at all while the fronts you can watch disintegrate month by month. I wear down the fronts to about 4/32nds and then rotate them to the back, same side. When the "new" fronts are worn down to 4/32nds, I get a new set of four.

I have noted a couple of times that when repositioning "experienced" rear tires to the drive axle that a steering shake (very minor) appears for a couple thousand miles.

Reply to
Philip®

I am not as knowledgeable as many here but I think alignment effects pull to one side and steering while vibration is more a balance problem.

Reply to
Roger Blake

May require balancing but not alignment after rotation. Mike

Reply to
Artfulcodger

Thanks all for input and sharing your opinion The main thing why I thinking about alignment, vibration increases, when on speed over 60 turn the steering wheel. Like changing line on the highway for instance. I personally don't think improper balance could do that. Am I wrong ?

I paying too much attention to this because the only service place with more or less reliable service in my area in Toyota dealership. Where alignment costs almost $80. Would not like just waste my money. And, of course, get better understanding my car. Thanks in advance

Reply to
Vitali