Another Toyota Recall: 9,400 Lexus GX460s for Rollover Risk

"Toyota said it is recalling voluntarily about 9,400 of its 2010 Lexus GX460 SUVs to adjust software that will improve the reaction of a skid- prevention system.

Toyota told its Lexus dealers last Thursday to stop selling the SUV after Consumer Reports issued a rare =93do not buy=94 warning to its readers because the GX460 showed an unacceptable risk of rolling over in certain maneuvers performed by the magazine=92s test drivers.

john

It seems like there is a real deficiency in Toyota's software design team.

Reply to
john

It is good that Toyota has idendified the problem and a fix. I am curious why they aren't recalling 4Runners as well. It is my understanding that the GX460 is basically a pimped out version of the 4Runner with a V8 (they dropped the V8 option from the 4Runner for 2010). Since they are not recalling the 4Runners does this imply the 4Runners get different software, or that they respond differently becasue of the differences in the vehicles. I compared the specs, and in addition to the V-8, the GX-460 is taller (by

2.7"), heavier (by 500 lbs), and has a narrower track than the 4Runner ( by 0.8"; I assume this is a tire thing, since the actual suspension appears to be the same basic design).

Ed

Toyota told its Lexus dealers last Thursday to stop selling the SUV after Consumer Reports issued a rare ?do not buy? warning to its readers because the GX460 showed an unacceptable risk of rolling over in certain maneuvers performed by the magazine?s test drivers.

C. E. White

john wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g34g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

It makes the old civic GTI look like a Mc Laren F1. It's pure overkill for publicity IMHO.

Reply to
chuckcar

You just a get hard-on for negative TOYOTA news don't you?

Reply to
Bill Yanaire

He probably can't get a hard-on by ANY means!

Reply to
Sharx35

What I read is the 4 runner is fine, they say its the software, but of course they just didnt know, until somebody told them, this is negligence.

Reply to
ransley