Toyota Recall

Heading over today to get the recall work done on my 2009 Matrix. I just hope this actually is the fix and my car doesn't go off a crazy on me.

Just for fun I think I will walk over to the Honda dealer next door and look around to kill time while they are working on my Matrix.

Any more of you die hard Toyota fans looking to maybe change brands next time around?

David

Reply to
hibb

Nope, I'm quite happy with my Toyota. I'm sure they will get this mess figured out.

Reply to
camryguy

Nope. At this point both of our Toyotas are essentially flawless. Now that some of the reported "incidents" are being suspected as hoaxes, I am content to wait a while and see what really comes of this.

Reply to
hls

Well, mine is practically new so I won't be changing vehicles for a while anyway. Time will tell how this all turns out. Plus, like you said, those hoaxes don't help the matter at all and makes ye wonder just how big the problem is.

While I was waiting, I had a chat with the salesman who I have know since he was a kid. I asked him if he had heard the total number of reported incidents where the throttle problem has happened. He did not know.

I asked the customer service person if my tires should have lasted more than 15k miles even if I did not get the tires rotated every 5k miles. He said that Toyota puts a softer tire on their cars to improve the ride for sales purposes. He said they are not expected to last a long time. Before I left, he invited my wife and me to attend services at his church.

David

Reply to
hibb

David

**** Our first set of tires were super sticky Michelins, and they did not last past 30K.. I have replaced them with the best Kumhos, and they have been superior in every respect.

They should last 60-70K.

I had intended to buy a Porsche, and they have the same philosophy... high performance tires, which - if you can afford a Porsche - you can afford to replace..

There are alternatives to the performance Michelins. You just need to look for them.

Reply to
hls