Re: Toyota Doesn't Know How to Fix GX460's Stability Control Yet

>>>Thanks for the info. I'll have to check this out when I see an 86 Toyota. >> >> You'll have to, because I certainly won't be... that was the third >> Toyota I owned, but the last. So, I don't know when they moved to a >> better design like other manufacturers were using. Not that other >> manufacturers like Nissan, Honda, etc haven't had their issues too, >> and American history on engineering and defects is sometimes quite the >> hoot. But, I didn't need to be jerked around again by corporate >> attorneys when my car needed a simple $300 warranty repair due to bad >> design. > > What do you own/drive now?

Well? By your own standard, your whine doesn't hold water unless you can name a car brand that does better by its customers. What do you drive/own?

Reply to
David Z

My guess is that Hyundai is pretty good although that's just my initial impression after owning a used one for a couple of months. Time will tell. They're gonna replace the evaporator core in my 2006 Sonata under the 50K bumper to bumper warranty and I'm the 3rd owner. Thank God!

Reply to
dsi1

The silence speaks volumes. The guy probably bought another Toyota and now is embarrassed to admit it.

Reply to
David Z

More likely he either dropped you in his kill file and never saw it, or just got tired of the playful banter and went looking for a serious car forum.

Reply to
E. Meyer

You didn't major in logic, did you? The fact that Toyota has a long history of avoiding major warranty payouts; the fact that I personally experienced that back in the 1980s; and the fact that they are now seeing their long term cultural (corporate and Asian) problems come home to roost are not impacted in any way by what vehicle I drive now.

Your only reason for asking the question was an cheap attempt to point a "yours too" finger at me. Even if you were able to do that, it would not change the history and current status of Toyota.

Reply to
me

You didn't major in logic, did you? The question remains, compared to what?

Hypothetically, I can complain about the best product on the market all day. It's moot. At the end of the day, a consumer as to choose between products A, B, C, D, etc. (Is that logical enough for ya?)

Reply to
David Z

Repeated silence speaks even more volumes. Like I said before, he probably bought another Toyota and now is embarrassed to admit it.

Reply to
David Z