Audio System Install & Wiring

Hi,

I have a 200 Toyota Camry, and I am installing a new MP3/CD player. The process seems relatively simple, but I've discovered that the connector that attatches to the rear of the factory CD/tape deck does not match the plug on my simple wiring harness adapter (TA02 wiring harness). Instead, it seems to be a 16-pin connector; it does not look at all like what is at installdr.com and other such sites.

What I have read is that this strange connector goes between the CD/cassette receiver and an amplifier "somewhere" deeper in the dassh, and that the two plugs that go with the wiring harness can be found in parallel with it. The question I have is, where is the amp? Or more to the point, where are the two plugs that will go with my wiring harness? I've fished around, and the odd conenctor seems to snake somewhere behind the glove compartment. However, I don't want to take apart anything I don't have to.

I hope this post made some sense, & any help is appreciated!

-Zac

Reply to
Zac Bond

I don't think you can get it to work on an 1800 year old Camry.

Reply to
Mark A

Indeed, it is as a 2000 Camry.

-Zac

Reply to
Zac Bond

It is indeed an connection to your amplifier. Try looking at the very bottom of the dashboard's center (or underneath your ashtray). If not there, try under the front passenger's seat. Try this website:

Viperkiller