Australian 99 conquest V6 sedan

I have what I suspect may be worn/damaged shock tower mounts noise in the front end suspension. Any way I can confirm this. Recently had all shocks and rubbers replaced but now have a rattle in the front end. Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
Shydog

Check the stabilizer bar bushings. Inexpensive, relatively easy to replace. If your struts are good, and those bushings are good, very well could be the upper strut mounts as you suspect. Apart from the swing arm bushings, which rarely fail, the front suspension is a fairly simple assembly - there's nothing else that would make that noise. Except when you say "rattle" - could be something else loose, like a plastic inner fender shroud. Strut mount noise will be most noticeable over a slightly bumpy surface, and you'll hear it just once over a larger bump. If you have a continuous rattle, it is something else. Once had an odd experience where a new factory original strut was noisy and immediately replaced under warranty.

Reply to
Daniel

Might sound like common sense, but u should make sure all the mount bolts where properly tightened when ur shocks were replaced

-LL

Reply to
Leonel Leal

Hello Shydog,

Daniel has given you a good reply in regards to what to check for.

I have the same car as yours and I am looking at replacing the shocks. What did you replace yours with? If you do much towing with your car, did you get a set of shocks that would allow you to tow more easily? Where did you get yours done? (I'm in Sydney).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Nicholas

Reply to
korris

Had them replaced at "Pedders". While they tried to fix the problem they haven't succeeded and I have given up after taking it back 10 times!!! I will replace the mounts myself. Thanks for your advice and help.

Reply to
Shydog

could also be the endlink bushings on the front swaybar

Reply to
BLUEMEANIE

Have been back to Pedders and they are willing to try AGAIN to fix problem. Asked about suspect new shockie, sway bar bushes (new), shock mounts etc and they will check all those things. I did notice they used the red coloured bushings/rubbers in the front end. I asked about those too as they had to replace the ones in the rear end as they were squeaky and could not be quietened even with grease/lubrication. I am at my wits end and if Pedders hadn't been approachable about this saga then I don't know what else I'd do. I'll let you all know how this latest try works out.

Reply to
Shydog