Avalon Automatic AC/Heat fan control suddenly stopped working.

My 1999 Toyota Avalon automatic AC/Heat fan control suddenly stopped working. It still blows cold but in what seems to be the low fan speed only. Tried both Automatic and Manual. Makes no difference. Blows only at the one low speed. Any suggestions on where to look and how to diagnosis?

Reply to
Tha RagMan

Art McClinton

Art; Many thanks for the info and response. I will dig around and see if I can find this resister pack you noted. Would sure appreciate anyone that can give me a hint as to where this part might be located. WR

Reply to
Tha RagMan

On my old Camry it was located in an air duct on the side of the fan housing. Several coils of nichrome wire on a 5 x 3 cm plastic plate. One screw.

HTH

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon

Thanks Gordon! Your assistance and info is much appreciated. I will definitely look in that direction to see if I can find it. WR

Reply to
Tha RagMan