Biblical locust plague ,..or hopper-roadkill and your car!

Did a trip from Dubbo area to Newcastle and the grasshoppers were real-bad. Fortunately I had fitted some aluminium flyscreen wire to the trusty Camry. The trick here is to make sure there is at least 2" gap in between the screen and the radiator or AC condensor.

Even after installing it with care with zip-clips, the sheer amount of hoppers pushed the wire back in places where it was not secured so well and then lodged in the AC core.

The trick to cleaning the cooling fins is to wait until they (the roadkill) dries out,..they then come off much easier.,..

There were a few bikers who just decided to give-up their trip until dark.....hopper in the face and hair for those not using a full-face,..was not fun. Anything less than full coverage of the body was rather painful too!! Wearing shorts with resultant exposed inner thighs was tantamount to a form of torture!!

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Argh. That final sentence paints an ugly mental picture, worse than saber toothed crotch crickets.

--

  - Philip
Reply to

full-face,..was

LOL! Yeah,...after I got my bike- liscense (years ago) I went for my first *real* ride,...then a damned flying ant lodged in my eye. Had to go to an ambulance station where they pulled it out with tweezers. It had locked its nippers into the surface of my eyeball,..fortunately in the white part,..which afterwards went totally red.

Bikes,...lots of fun while your luck lasts.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James