CAMRY Auto Gearbox ?

Hi all,

I have a 1995 2.2 litre 4 Cly Auto CAMRY

75.000 miles from new. With a wonderful history.

I have just noticed a change in the auto gear box .

Up to date when I placed the box in Drive or Reverse from neutral with foot on brake pedal. I always got a little kick as if some thing was engaging. Nothing hard but just was aware.

However this last week there has been less of noticeable kick. To be honest its a smoother engagement. I dont notice any difference while driving at all from it.

I just wondered is

1- it wearing out, 2 -wearing in 3- good indication. 4- bad indication.

Auto box fluid level is ok, maybe just slightly high but it has been changed at least every 20000 miles since new. as has the Diff . By main TOYOTA dealer.

Should I be concerned.

Johnny UK.

Reply to
JM

The amount of "kick" you get when the gears engage is usually dependent on how fast the engine is idling. I think the first thing I would check is whether the engine is idling at a lower RPM than it had been previously.

In any case, it doesn't sound like anything to worry about, unless something more happens.

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen

You better check your engine mount, the mount also serve as a damping purpose. For a 10 years old Camry, it is about time to have the mount changed. I have mine changed 2 time within 10 years.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Which engine mount are to talking about ?.

Johnny UK.

Reply to
JM

The lower one which supporting the engine, about the size of a fit. There is a damper inside it. When it is torn, you will see the whole thing collapsed about 2". We usually change the top one too at the same time.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

Hi Wayne, I have just checked out both Mountings and they seem fine. Front one in not collapsed and top tie rod is fine. I cant rock the engine on the mounts at all.

I am not sure how any problem there would have " lost the kick on gear selection"

Ah well.

Thanks anyway.

Johnny UK.

Reply to