Change Manuel Trans. Fluid?

The couple sources I've checked seem to specify changing trans. fluid for automatic trans. but don't say anything about manual trans. This may seem dumb but, is it the same fluid and change interval? If so, what fluid? I've got an '89 Camry, 4 cyl., manual trans.

thanks.

pete

Reply to
Pete Giordano

Not the same stuff at all. Standard transmission are far from being as tough on the oil as AT. Normally, you'll find standard transmission (I prefer the word gearbox) oil in weight like, 75w90, 80w90, 75x140, etc etc. Try a good synthetic oil in your gearbox and let us know what you think.

89??? How long have you had it? It is overdue, IMHO.
Reply to
Bassplayer12

Reply to
Matthew