Chevy Blazer transmission

Ok, I'll try to keep this short and to the point.....I have a 96 blazer, we had to replace the transmission, ever since they put it in (it was used) it leaks tran. fluid. I check it often and put it in when its needed. Recently, when I drive, after it heats up, and I stop, it takes several seconds to build up speed to move forward. Once I get the speed up, it runs fine again, until of course I have to stop again. The engine revs up, it just like gradually speeds up as if in slow motion. Again this only happens after I have driven it several miles and the car is warmed up. Also when I put it in drive and take off all the brakes, it does NOT move again, only when its warm. Any ideas where to start with this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
melrose73

Well, used transmissions are usually craps shoot. You might get a winner, but there are many losers. Hey, even the 2007 Camry u-series are skipping gears coming out of the factory, where the only fix is to junk it for a new replacement (Toyota 1/2007 Technical Service Bulletin).

If you need a good rebuilder GM High Performance Magazine, Performance Chevy Magazine, etc, often talk about them. Or you can check

for a reman tranny. Might cost a bit more but save you time and money in the longer term. For instance, a crate engine isn't that much more than a typical rebuild.

Reply to
johngdole

what kind of atf do you use? have you heard of the additive lucas transmission fix?

Reply to
EdV

Reply to
Bryan Henson