1995 camry - headlight "horns"

There are strange three bumps on the headlamps face. What are they used for? Some lightbeam adjustment ?

Do I really need them there ?

I want to restore the shine of my headlamps - can I grind them down? Is there enough plastic behind them to not create some holes ? It would help greatly if I could get rid of them before starting the resurfacing process with wet sandpaper - avoiding them during the process would be a pain...

Reply to
Pszemol

That's where you put a gadget that sits on the "horns" so techs and aim the lights without having 25ft(?) of space in the garage. If you're lucky the pre-delivery tech may even leave one in the trunk! But the 25ft method described in AutoZone's free online repair guide works fine otherwise.

So if you have ways to aim the headlight and have no problem not having the horns there, you can do what you want with them.

Reply to
johngdole

== If you check your own headlight adjustment by measuring 2" above the centerline 25 ft. out, you'll find one of the "bumps" is exactly at the headlight center, Handy for duplicating the measurement on a wall. If you use Meguiar's buff ball and polish, they don't really present a problem for polishing because they're foam. I've also polished around those protrusions with a chamois. Not a problem. Probably could carefully grind them off though.

Reply to
Daniel

Reply to
Daniel