Clear idiot lights?

My father was working on the rear lights on his 1996 Camry and blew the fuse of the airbag. He since finished his rear-light work, replaced the fuse and all is well now.

However, now there are two idiot lights that come one. The first is the airbag light, the second is the icon that referrers to the backup lights.

I checked today and I know the backup light only comes on when the head lights/parking lights are on. All of the lights do indeed work. My girlfriends 1994 does the same thing. Is there a sensing wire, or just a computer type memory that puts this idiot light on.

As for the airbag, can it be reset, or could there really be something wrong? It never stayed on before now. I don't remember seeing the airbag light on today, but I wasn't looking -- he told me after.

Finally, he did pull the battery cable off for about 1 minute, but that didn't seem to help.

Any help is appreciated, TIA, Joe

Reply to
Joe Webster

See this website to reset the airbag light.

It works perfect for my '92 Camry. But I'm not sure for your '96...

Reply to
joandjo

Thanks, I'll give it a try and post back my results.

Thanks again, Joe

Reply to
Joe Webster