clicking sound in 2001 Camry

This is a 2001 camry 4-cyl with 70K miles. I hear a click sound (like a pressure relief valve in operation) when stopped and the brake pedal is depressed. The sound is a distinct "click" every 40 or so seconds. I checked the brake pedal operation as outlined in Haynes manual and everything seems to fit the bill. The pedal height is within specs and the brake function is as desired.

I have bled the brakes last year using a mity vac and the rear drums are adjusted are adjusted. My friends '98 4-cyl does not make this sound.

Is there anything else I need to check (vaccum leaks etc.)?

Appreciate your comments.

Reply to
shirish.manjrekar