Door lock warning

Hi, My Camry (90', 4 cyln.) develped a problem now. The door open warning light comes on all the way. Previously the warning light is only affected by the two front doors. I suppose this is the feature by the original design. The warning light is still on even I press the button(I think it is pressed by the door) on the body frame. There is no power lock function for my car. I have the Haynes repair manual but I still have no clues to repair it. Could you give me some suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Reply to
rxjwg98

check the pin switches in the door jamb

Does the dome light operate correctly?

Reply to
Daniel

Thank you very much. What's the door jamb?

The dome light operates correctly. I mean the dome light is on when the door closes, and I put the switch in the position door controls the dome light.

Reply to
rxjwg98

I have checked the switch. The driver and the front passenger side switches are good. The rear two switches are always open. From the principle, "open" should not cause the warning light on, right?

The dome light operates correctly. I mean the dome light is on when the

door closes, and I put the switch in the position door controls the dome light.

I remember the door ajar warning is effective only for the two front doors. My car is a basic model which does not have power lock etc. accessaries.

Now, what would be the cause for the warning?

Thank you very much.

Reply to
rxjwg98

And, the tailgate switch has not been checked. I guess it is correct because I can see the lamp in the trunk is off by putting off the rear seat back. The lamp is on when I open the tailgate(trunk).

Reply to
rxjwg98

Next thing to check would be the wiring bundle that flexes when the door moves - try wiggling those wires to see if it makes any difference.

Those wires can develop shorts over time

Reply to
Daniel

My car is a basic sedan. There is no electrical switch on the door and I see no wire going into the door. What I see is a bundle of wire from the front to the rear inside the driver's side edge. There is a wire up to the door close switch in the jamb. Your method applies to my car?

I see no difference when I wiggle the wire now.

Reply to
rxjwg98

Hi, In order not to discharge because of the warning light, I remove the door warning light behind the instrumental panel. The interior light will be on even I close the doors. But, when I put the interior light switch to on, is not on anymore. I cannot figure out which part the circuit would be wrong. Could anyone tell me more? Just without the door warning light, I suppose there is no other problem to my car. Of course, I should close the doors carefully everytime.

Reply to
rxjwg98

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: "My car is a basic sedan. There is no electrical switch on the door" ````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` There should be a neoprene covered button type switch in the door jamb of each door that controls the dome light such that when you have the dome light set to come on when the doors open, those door switches are opening and closing the circuit. Removee the rubber cover, remove the 10mm bolt, remove the switch, clean and spray with WD-40 wipe dry and reassemble. That should correct your problem.

Reply to
Daniel

Thank you very much. Excuse my English. "No electrical switch" means no power lock door, power window etc. Indeed, I have not found any wires go into the door. I have used multimeter having checked the switches in the jamb. The switches of the two front doors work just as I wish: the connection is disconnected when it is pressed. The two rear switches are disconnect always.

Reply to
rxjwg98